Happy New Years Eve!!! I can’t believe 2020 will be here tomorrow. That feels just so crazy to me. But I’m really excited. I’ve had a really good year, and I’m really hoping the next one will be even better.
I read 14 books this month! There were a bunch that were really fantastic!
- Beyond the Shadowed Earth by Joanna Ruth Meyer (4 stars): Beautiful, sweeping fantasy. I really enjoyed my first round with this author, and look forward to reading her past and future books. I’m also on the blog tour for this book, so keep a look out for my review!
- Lakeshire Park by Megan Walker (3 stars): This was a fun, sweet regency romance. There were some funny moments and a lot of adorable moments.
- Off Script by Kate Watson (5 stars): Oh my gosh this book!!! It’s such an incredible retelling of Emma—perfect in every way. My review is coming up soon, so keep a look out for it!
- Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell (4 stars): This was a little late in the fall season for me to be reading this book, but I still had so much fun! It was really adorable and endearing, and the art was fantastic. I highly recommend this one!
- Cub by Cynthia L. Copeland (4 stars): This was such a cute graphic memoir! I loved the art style and the way the author told her story of finding her voice. My review is coming soon!
- Shadow of the Batgirl by Sarah Kuhn (4 stars): I loved this new take on Cassandra Cain’s Batgirl! It’s fun, heartwarming, and sweet. My full review is coming soon!
- The Oracle Code by Marieke Nijkamp (4 stars): I’ve always loved Oracle, so I was super excited to read this newest rendition of her. And I loved it! My full review is coming soon.
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan (3 stars): Is it crazy to say that I loved the movie more than I loved this book? There was a lot more packed into this, but by the end, I just wanted the ending…and even that wasn’t as good as the movie, since this is a trilogy. That isn’t to say this is a bad book, it’s excellent. Just not as good as I was expecting.
- Night Spinner by Addie Thorley (5 stars): This is hands down my favorite book this month. Oh my gosh. It’s such an incredible fantasy book!!! It’s beautiful, lyrical, with strong characters and a surprising plot. It is everything. I can’t wait for the next book. My full review is coming soon!
- The Runaway Princess by Johan Troianowski (3 stars): This is a fun, episodic graphic novel for young kids. It’s interactive and cute.
- Guts by Raina Telgemeier (5 stars): I’ve always loved Raina’s books, and this one is no different! It’s a must read!
- Save the Cat! Writes a Novel by Jessica Brody (4 stars): I. Finally. Finished. It. it’s seriously been six months since I started this book…oops. But it was good! And super helpful! And I refer to it a lot when thinking about plotting now! I just struggled to finish the actual book…Don’t be like me.
- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston (4 stars): I had the immense privilege of reading this book during Christmas…and it was perfect! This is such a fun Christmas rom-com, and I highly recommend it. My review will be up soon!
- Harley in the Sky by Akemi Dawn Bowman (4 stars): I’ll be honest, I struggled with the main character in this book…but the struggle was worth the journey. I really enjoyed this book. My review is coming soon.
Once again, not much to report this month. Hopefully I’ll be in a better place next month for writing.
December went by so fast, I hardly remember anything that happened! I didn’t go to any signings (that I can think of), but I have a ton I’m looking forward to in January. Can’t wait!
Christmas was wonderful. I got a total of nine books, most of which were this beautiful set of Jane Austen novels my husband gave me. We had a good time 🙂
Also…I just got back from watching The Rise of Skywalker. And I have lots of feelings.
On the Blog
Most Popular Blog Post
I loved putting this post together! It was a ton of fun! Plus, here are some other fun posts I did this month:
- MORE Reasons you need to read The Evermore Chronicles (aka My Review of Everafter Song)
- Sparkling YA Fantasy Debut || ARC Review: Woven in Moonlight
- Best Series I Finished in 2019
- Series I Want to Finish and Start in 2020
- Top 10 Standalones I Read in 2019
Thanks for stopping by my monthly wrap-up! It’s always fun looking back on a month. Let me know how your month went! I’d love to hear!